Public hearing for the proposed BJWSA Budget Report will be held June 13, 2017
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
BEAUFORT-JASPER WATER AND SEWER AUTHORITY
FISCAL YEAR 2017-2018 OPERATING BUDGET
Notice is hereby given that a public hearing will be held before the Members of the Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, the 13th day of June 2017. The hearing will be held at the office of Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority, which is located at 6 Snake Road, Okatie, SC. The purpose of the public hearing will be to allow members of the public to express their views regarding the proposed operating budget for Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority for Fiscal Year 2017-2018. All persons who attend the public hearing will be given an opportunity to speak. Copies of the proposed budget are available at the Authority office. A copy may also be obtained from the Authority’s website at www.bjwsa.org. As required by Section 6-1-80, Code of Laws South Carolina, 1976, as amended, the public is advised of the following:
- The budget of Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority for the current Fiscal Year calls for revenues of $57,644,010 and expenses of $56,694,010.
- The proposed budget of Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority for Fiscal Year 2017-2018 calls for total projected revenues of $62,830,060, operating expenses of $55,725,460 and non-operating expenses of $3,104,600. These amounts include non-operating revenue, capacity fees, contributed capital, depreciation and interest expense. Annual Capital Improvement Program Spending, which is included in the Capital Budget, is not included.
- The proposed revenues for the Fiscal Year 2017-2018 operating budget of Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority are comparable to revenues from the operating budget for the current Fiscal Year.
- Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority has proposed changes to its schedule of ancillary fees and charges effective July 1, 2017. Customer water and sewer rates are proposed to increase effective July 1, 2017. The average residential water and sewer customer (7kg) is projected to receive an increase of $1.00 or 1.2% on their total monthly bill. A complete schedule of the proposed new rates is included in the budget.
- Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority does not levy ad valorem property taxes. The Authority relies on user charges to meet its operational needs.
For easy payment 24/7 call 888 826-7658.
Customers can also pay online at www.bjwsa.org.
The phone number 888-826-7658 will not allow payments if the current due date has passed, but online the amount could be modified.
Until further notice, our callback option is unavailable
We apologize as we work out some of the kinks of our new phone system, and hope to have this option available very soon. We regret any inconvenience.
Scheduled shutdowns are listed on our Known Water Outages page
Due to multiple shutdowns in our service areas, we have listed scheduled shutdowns on the following page: Known Water Outages. Visit this page for our current shutdowns and view the maps for detailed locations.
BJWSA is committed to your health and safety
BJWSA protects, restores Great Swamp
Bluffton Today featured the Great Swamp, which is an environmental project developed by BJWSA to restore and protect more than 1,000 acres of swamp land in the Hardeeville area near U.S. 278. Read the full article.
Ed Saxon spotlighted in the Island News
To check out the article on our General Manager, Ed Saxon, click the link below:
New Chip Credit Cards?
Banks are replacing current credit cards with the new technology chip cards. If you have received one recently, and if your payment with BJWSA is on automatic draft with your credit card, please call 843-987-9200 to update your information. If the original card is discontinued by your card issuer, it is imperative we receive the new card information to avoid a possible failure of auto-draft.
BJWSA Signs Agreement with HomeServe USA
We are pleased to announce that we have signed an agreement with HomeServe USA to offer an optional protection plan for a customer’s home exterior water and sewer service lines.
This partnership enables us to provide customers with a trusted option for quality, low-cost service line coverage.
Customer information is not provided to HomeServe nor will customer rates be impacted by the agreement.
The Association of Metropolitan Water Agencies (AMWA) honored Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority (BJWSA) with its “Sustainability Award” on October 20 at its 2014 Executive Management Conference in Newport Beach, CA.